EffVision is currently looking for an IT Help Desk Support - Tier 1 representative.
This is an entry-level IT Help Desk position working Monday - Friday from 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM PST. Recent grads of an IT program are welcome to apply.
This is not a remote position. The candidate we hire will be working at our client office in San Francisco, CA
You will provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems in person, via telephone or emailed tickets. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. As a centralized source for all information technology, we are the backbone of our clients IT needs and constantly monitor each office's connectivity to keep everyone up and running as smooth as possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking tickets that come into the Help Desk and assisting accordingly
- Communicating with the requester to ensure they understand the current status of their ticket.
- Employing good communication skills to resolve service requests and answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems
- Using the Critical Priority Escalation process for all new critical priority service requests
- Following the Ticket Flow process
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Observe system function to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users
This position is based out of our client office in San Francisco, CA
- High School Diploma / GED
- Preferred Certifications
- CompTIA A+
- Must have IT experience, or formal training from an IT program
- 2 Years general office experience
- Certifications a plus but not required.
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
- Dental services
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Major Holidays Off
- 401k to name a few
This is not a remote position. The candidate we hire must currently live in or be able to commute to the San Francisco, CA area
Job Type: Part-Time